Thursday 3 November 2011

Ha! Who Says The French Have Two Hour Lunches?

Saturday, Day 3 of life in France and I set my alarm last night for D Day. Delivery of the beds, fridge/freezer and the ever so needed washing machine, so essential for a builder chap!

I was up at 07h45, almost unheard of for me on a Saturday morning unless I’m going to a motor sport event or for some classic car fun. Knowing that the working day here usually starts at 08h00, I was taking no chances, but risked a two and a half minute excursion to the boulangerie for a pain au raison and a mid day quiche. Having cleared the bedrooms, utility and kitchen corner to receive the goodies the night before, I had little to do inside the house, except deflate Lilo Lill who had made me reasonably comfy the past two nights.

So I went back to lumber jacking and at 12h15 decided that the delivery team were tucking in to their statutory two hour lunch, so I may as well have mine. Mmm quiche avec lardons and Branston small chunk pickle and the regulation mug of Rosy Lee and sharp at 13h00 the doorbell; rang with the white goodies just half way into a great French institution. I just hope that their union never discovers this, as there will be a national strike as quick as you can say pass the pickle!

Anyroad, having apologised for my bad French, the two chaps quickly unloaded everything, brought it all in, assembled the beds, installed the washing machine and fitted the frigo in place and removed every last piece of packaging and left me feeling very well served. Top marks Conforama.

Right, I better go shopping now and fill the fridge/freezer with my weekly allowance.

As a treat tonight however, I’m particularly looking forward to eating at Le Bouchon Ponot

Laters,

LC

No comments:

Post a Comment